Saturday, 14 December 2013

A great end to a pretty crummy (in general) year...

Since my last post, we received the devastating news that my dad has bowel cancer that has spread to his liver. The outlook is not great. We have been told that he will never be cured of this and his treatment will prolong his life only. The doctors cannot give us any time frame, they say. We could be looking at a year, five, ten...they just don't know. To say that my world has been turned upside down is an understatement. But I have been so proud of my dad's resilience and willingness to fight this. I don't care what the doctors say. I know someone who can get rid of this if that is His will. All we can do is lean on His strength to get us through whatever the future may hold.

So life has been pretty strange/difficult/emotional/exhausting these past couple of months. My ME/CFS symptoms have deteriorated since then as is only to be expected I suppose. But I'm still managing to work and get through day-to-day life.

One thing that is keeping me positive through this crummy year is Project Life. As I look back over this year's album, I am reminded of all the small but wonderful things I have done this year. It is such a blessing to have those things recorded. That is why this project has my heart.

Which brings me to some incredibly exciting news that I have been itching to share...

I am thrilled and honoured to be joining the Studio Calico Creative Team for 2014 as part of the Project Life team. I can hardly believe I am amongst all these wonderfully talented and inspiring ladies! I can't wait to get started.

And in light of this news, I can now share that I will be contributing to Studio Calico's January class, Day By Day 2014...


It's going to be an amazing class absolutely full of inspiring content from the SC Project Life team. It's perfect for newbies to Project Life but also for people excited/wanting to be inspired for a new year and a new album. And there is a great offer on for students of the class.


I hope to see you in class!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry ti gear about your father. Prayers to you and your family. It is amazing what miracles can happen. Congrats on making the team! Can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your father. My family went through a similar experience almost two years ago when my mom was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of cancer. Try not to think about the time table and focus on the moments that you get to spend with your dad. You will never regret taking time out of your own life to serve him during his fight. I will say a little prayer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete