- First day of school. The first few weeks of the new school year have been INSANE. I am coping though. Just.
- We got the sudden and devastating news that my little baby bear would have to be put to sleep. He was 17, but it still left me absolutely heartbroken. He has been part of my family since I was ten years old...it was one of the happiest moments of my life when my mum told me she had bought me a kitten, having wanted one for so long. He saw me through so many ups and downs, tears and heartbreaks, hopes, fears and joys. He has truly enriched my life in a very special way and I will forever treasure the bond that we shared. We had 24 hours to say goodbye, which was spent having lots of cuddles and naps together. Taking him to the vet's that day was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and I miss him daily. I cannot fully express the sense of loss that I feel right now. Tears are streaming down my face as I write this. To many reading this, he is just a cat. To me, he was the best and truest friend I could have ever hoped for.
- The day after little bear left us, I attended the funeral of a colleague of mine. She was a wonderful and generous lady who always took an interest in me and took the time to find out how things were going with me. Even in the midst of her battle with cancer, she was more concerned with my health and how I was doing. I will never forget our conversations about faith and the way God shone through her. Her funeral service was a testament to who she was and left a lasting impact on me.
- Changeable weather
- A big change. I decided to take the plunge and move out of home and in with friends. It seemed like the right time, especially since my health has been improving somewhat in recent months. It all happened so fast...the day after I made the final decision to move out, my friends and I found a house we liked the look of online, went to see it that afternoon and decided we wanted it. The next few weeks were spent sorting out paperwork and paying an arm and a leg to rent the place. But it's so worth it. It's such a lovely house in a great location...I'll only be ten minutes from home and 5 minutes from work. Absolutely ideal. And my room...oh my goodness. I love it. I will try and show pictures some time in the next few weeks. We got the keys last Friday and I will spend this Friday moving the majority of my stuff over (although most of my clothes are already there). I'm so excited to start this new part of my life, although it is of course tinged with much sadness...leaving home is a big deal for me and I can't help feeling that a big part of my life is over. Moving day will be hard, to say the least. I'm just thankful that I'll still be so close to home and I'll be able to pop back to visit whenever I want.
- Wearing scarves for warmth, rather than fashion.
- Awaiting some hospital tests on my dad. So very worried.
As ever, I've got a backlog of Project Life spreads waiting to be posted here. I will try and get a couple up in the next week or so, but I am in the middle of a move, so I'm not making any promises!
Happy Tuesday x