I've been playing around with different techniques recently, namely layering! I've been having so much fun figuring out what sort of things I like and what sort of things I don't, and I've learned so much from it.
* I can still scrap in 12x12 and actually love it, despite my flurry of 8.5x11 pages in the last year or so.
* I still like vanilla cardstock, despite reaching for white almost every time up until now.
* 4x6 photos aren't all that scary like I thought they were and I love using that size to showcase favourite photos.
* Layering is super fun but it doesn't have to involve matting my photos on numerous different papers and putting shed-loads of product under every inch of my photos (which is something I have tried in recent weeks!).
* Multiple-photo pages are awesome, especially when the photos are different sizes and orientations. I don't know why I've only been doing single-photo pages for so long!
* I love grids. I found this video by Lisa Truesdell super helpful and inspiring when thinking about how to arrange things in a grid.
* Although I'm into a bit of layering, I still love the clean, graphic look and don't want my pages to look too overloaded with product. I like clean, straight lines in places and am a fan of graphic fonts, whether that be Thickers or computer text.
* I am having a love affair with doilies and flair. Please forgive me for putting both on *every* page I make. I just can't get enough.
* I still don't like handwriting my journaling. I feel like I should be doing it, but I just can't. So I am coming to terms with the fact that all my pages will have typed journaling on them. I think I can live with that.
* Cutting my journaling into strips and sticking them on my page reminds me of my old old pages from way back when. I seem to have a soft spot for doing that again! I love how things sometimes come round full circle.
* It's ok to re-do old layouts that bug me and make me cringe. I want to be able to feel happy when I look through my scrapbooks at all my old photos, and if re-doing some of the pages that I hate allows me to do that, so be it! It's not like I've got a backlog of recent photos piling up that need to be scrapped, so why not, hey?
I can see a definite style emerging with these two most recent pages...and it's one that I'm happy with! So thrilled to have learned what I like. I feel like something has clicked with me again with this wonderful hobby. It's exciting!
Have a fabulous weekend!